I made these as a dessert for our Cinco De Mayo inspired dinner, but they can really be made any time!
These are really fun for the kids to help with. My 4 year old loved them!
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter (melt for about 20 seconds)
- 1 8oz can of crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the 2 TBSP of sugar and 1 TBSP of cinnamon and set the bowl aside.
- In a different bowl, melt the butter until it’s completely melted.
- Unroll the dough and break it apart into 4 rectangles, sealing together the perforation mark.
- Brush the tops with butter, then sprinkle about half of the mixture onto the butter.
- Cover the tops you just coated with the remaining 2 plain rectangles and cut each into 6 strips.
- Twist each strip about 3-4 times and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Coat the twists with the remaining butter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes (longer if you prefer a crispier twist).